We are seeking a R&D Engineering Lab Technician for one of our clients located in Woodcliff Lake, NJ
The R&D Lab Technician / Engineer will work with R&D Engineers to complete R&D testing, analysis and documentation to ensure major milestones are met and product developments objectives are achieved.
Key Points /Must Haves:
- At least 2 years of experience
- Mechanical testing experience using Instron
- Medical equipment compression testing experience
- Ability to read and write test reports and protocols
- Prototyping (3D printing) experience
- Experience designing fixtures for testing
- Solidworks software experience is a plus
- Ability to perform test method validation is a plus
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & BASIC DUTIES
Support the development for NPD initiatives for Interventional Care
- Conducts a variety of test procedures executing them accurately and timely.
- Collects data ensuring that reported data is correct and reliable following cGMP.
- Conducts test method validation and measurement system analysis
- Adapts test equipment and fixtures as needed to perform required testing.
- Able to work and interact effectively with other engineering associates.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- Tests new prototypes in support of the R&D team.
- Conducts laboratory tests as directed by supervisor with minimal supervision
- Makes and tests product samples and prepares prototype products for clinical studies.
- Comprehends test protocols and test methods. May input into test method design and protocols.
- Records and reports data accurately, follows protocols and reports any errors and anomalies
- Writes reports and summarizes test data
Develops line trial protocols and writes trial reports, SOP’s and specifications
- Identifies key quality attributes for plastic components
- Works with plant associates to gain alignment to specifications.
- Develops, writes and validates test methods to evaluate performance of product prototypes
Plans own workload to ensure tasks and objectives are completed and collaborates as a participative team member to ensure R&D milestones are met
- BS (Packaging or Mechanical Engineering degree preferred)
- Technical knowledge of packaging, e.g., flexible films, rigid containers/injection molding, cartons, and corrugated.
- Familiar with prototyping techniques (such as 3-D printing) and mechanical testing equipment
- Two years plus relevant experience in packaging/product development; previous experience in developing and launching innovative packaging solutions;
- Must have experience in a regulated environment; preferably pharmaceutical, medical device or consumer products.
- Demonstrated ability to support technical teams; able to work in a fast-paced environment, with multiple projects of varying complexity;
- Ensures accountability and consistently achieving results.
- Is able to build partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Knowledge of Packaging/Product development processes such as product life cycle, change, and an in-depth knowledge of cGMP product design and change management requirements.
- Strength in both oral and written presentation skills are a prerequisite to success.
- Must have the appropriate interpersonal communication skills
- Basic familiarity with ASTM/ISO/EN/ISTA standards for regulated medical and pharmaceutical packaging
- Computer skills- MS Office, CAD
- Experience with Instron Test Equipment and Bluehill Software.
For more info on this & other exciting roles please contact me
-- > MARC LEVINE -- > C: 914-262-5142 -- > E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location/Region: Ho Ho Kus, NJ